James Square Leather Recliner
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost.
A supremely comfortable place to prop up your feet and sit back and relax, our James Leather Recliner is expertly built with cutaway arms that add room at the seat and a thickly padded back cushion.
- Down blend cushions for a softer feel.
- Solid kiln dried hardwood frame provides exceptional structural integrity.
- No-sag steel sinuous springs provide cushion support.
- Top-grain leather, aniline-dyed. Leather will lighten and soften with both use and time and develop a rich patina.
- Leather is a natural product. Variation in colour and texture are inherent to each hide; no two pieces are exactly alike.
- Removable legs feature a Walnut finish.
Dimensions & More Info
- Overall (upright): 80 cm wide x 98 cm deep x 94 cm high
- Overall (reclined): 80 cm wide x 152 cm deep x 94 cm high
- Inside Seating: 57 cm wide x 51 cm deep x 52 cm high
- Diagonal Depth: 90 cm
- Arm: 12.7 cm wide x 58 cm deep x 59.7 cm high
- Required Wall Clearance: 42 cm
- Front Leg: 6.4 cm wide x 6.4 cm deep x 7.6 cm high
- Back Leg: 6.4 cm wide x 3.8 cm deep x 7.6 cm high
- Weight Capacity: 136 kg
- Weight: 42.6 kg
- Packaging Dimensions & Weight: 85.7 x 85.7 x 84 cm; 50.3 kg
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Never use detergents, polishes, preservers or saddle soap. They can remove natural oils.
- Dust or vacuum for routine maintenance.
- Do not place in direct sunlight; it will lighten or discolour leather over time.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened in a water solution (3 parts water, 1 part gentle soap). If spill penetrates leather, use lukewarm water and a soft white cloth to massage stain and surrounding area. Blot with a dry cloth and allow leather to air dry.
- Most surface scratches will fade over time if you rub them with your fingertips. Friction and heat from rubbing helps to redistribute wax in surrounding areas to cover the scratch. Not all scratches have the same depth, and this may not work on deeper scratches.
Composition & Construction
- Our leather upholstered products are constructed from semi-aniline leather. The full-grain or top-grain leathers are soaked in transparent nontoxic dye, with no subsequent pigmented finish coats applied. Dye penetrates the hides, letting the natural grain show through.
- Semi-anilines have natural markings that vary from hide to hide. They also have colour variations due to the leather’s ability to accept dyes differently in various areas of a hide. Markings and shading distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Appreciating shade differences among hides also means appreciating them on individual furniture pieces, because no two pieces can be produced from a single hide.
- Our leathers appeal to customers who find the natural colour variations, markings and patina of pure aniline leathers unique and beautiful. They may not appeal to customers who want uniform colour and surface commonly seen on less expensive leathers that are heavily corrected and pigmented.