Hartwell Natural Fibre Rug - Blue Multi
A luxurious addition to any decor, the modern Hartwell Natural Fibre Rug is handcrafted of soft cotton and silky rayon for a show-stopping sheen that works well as an accent or focal point.
- Hand woven of 60% jute, 20% cotton and 20% rayon.
- Backed with 100% recycled cotton fabric; adhered with synthetic latex.
- The synthetic latex provides a more durable and flexible backing that reduces odour and extends the rug's life; it does not present a risk to those with latex allergies, nor does it dry out or break down over time.
- A yarn-dyed rug has incredibly rich colour that holds its vibrancy over time.
- Rug Pad recommended (sold separately); combine or cut pads to fit your order.
- 91 cm wide x 152 cm long
- 152 cm wide x 244 cm long
- 244 cm wide x 305 cm long
- 274 cm wide x 366 cm long
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Vacuum regularly on a low-power setting, using a vacuum cleaner without a beater brush, to prevent debris from settling into roots of the fibres.
- For best results, vacuum from different directions, making several passes over the area..
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, un-dyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible.
- Dry spills are easily cleaned by scraping off the spilled material and vacuuming. For hard-to-remove stains, professional rug cleaning is recommended.
- Do not pull loose fibres. Trim with scissors and tuck loose ends back into the rug's weave to prevent fraying.
- As jute rugs are made of hard twisted natural fibre, the rug will feel stiff and remain curled when it is first removed from its packaging. It will naturally regain its original shape with time. To expedite this process, roll the rug in reverse or turn upside down and apply weight in the opposing direction of the curl.
- Store your rug by rolling it front side out and wrapping in cloth for protection. Do not fold or store rug in an airtight plastic bag. Place in dry, well-ventilated area.
- Depending on the harvest conditions, the jute cord may retain moisture when woven and will carry a natural hay-like scent that will dissipate over time.
- Use of a rug pad is recommended.
- A rug pad provides traction between the rug and floor to prevent slipping. It adds padding and keeps the rug smooth and flat. Extending the life of the rug, a pad protects the backing and prevents any possible colour transfer.
- Rotate or reposition your rug and/or rug pad every 3 to 6 months. This will aide in a more uniform floor surface patina and decrease the likelihood of the rug pad or exposed backing adhering to the floor surface where they are placed. Rotating your rug will promote even wear on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
Taking care of our customers, employees and our service providers is our top priority. As the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation continues to evolve and after careful consideration, we have made the decision to resume our Deluxe Delivery service and our room of choice service for Small Standard and Standard delivery items.
Our Home delivery partners will maintain physical distancing, good hygiene and other critical steps throughout the delivery process. You will receive a text message in advance of your delivery which must be completed prior to the delivery to ensure the process is safe for both you and the drivers. Please ensure that the space for the delivery is clear and ready for the new product to be placed in your desired location.
If you are unwell at the time of your delivery, we would be happy to arrange for front-door service as an alternative.
We continue to follow current guidelines and restrictions set by the Australian government to ensure that we are doing all that is possible for our teams and community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our customers’ needs in creating a comfortable and functional home.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Small Standard, Standard, Deluxe) determined by the products in your order. A product's delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. Also, products delivered separately may be sent via the delivery type of that product rather than the overall order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Delivery Information Page.
NOTE: In some areas, we are unable to provide our full Deluxe service.